Monday, September 20, 2010

First Things First - September 20, 2010

Daily Reading

Daily Verse
"Why are you living in luxurious houses while my house lies in ruins?"
Haggai 1:4

Daily Thought

"Basketball practice is on Wednesday nights," complained Paul. "Same as youth group. What do I do?"

"You made a commitment to the team, Son."

"Mom, the jazz band scheduled a bunch of concerts during Spring break," Elizabeth frowned. "I wanted to go on the Mexico Mission Trip."

"Elizabeth, the band depends on you. There will be other mission trips."

"Where's Dad?" asked Billy. Sunday morning rush to get ready for church, the family loaded into the Suburban. Mom sat in the driver seat.

"He had to go to the office. Work is really busy right now."

"You expected much, but see, it turned out to be little. What you brought home, I blew away. Why?" declares the LORD Almighty. "Because of my house, which remains a ruin, while each of you is busy with his own house."
~Haggai 1:9

It is 1924, the Olympics are in Paris. The 100 meters belongs to Eric Liddell, the "Flying Scotsman." The race is scheduled for Sunday.

Sunday is the Sabbath.

Eric Liddell does not run on the Sabbath. Not even in Paris.

Those who honor me I will honor.
~Samuel 2:30

To God's Glory,
Dave Price

Daily Prayer

My God, I love You with heart, soul, mind, and strength. My life is committed fully to You. May the life I live reflect my devotion to You. Where I work, may I serve You by serving others. In my home, may I build my house on the solid foundation of Your Word. In my neighborhood, may I love my neighbor as myself.

May the things I do bring You praise and glory.

Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment