Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Love Is Patient - September 21, 2010

Daily Reading

Daily Verse
"When I called, they did not listen; so when they called,
I would not listen," says the LORD Almighty.
Zechariah 7:13

Daily Thought

Enjoy the companionship of those who call on the Lord with pure hearts.
~2Timothy 2:22

"There's some nice guys at church, but Matt is so cute."

Above all else, guard your heart.
~Proverbs 4:23

"Matt says he won't pressure me, but I don't want to lose him."

Flee the evil desires of youth.
~2Timothy 2:22

"He wants me to come over to his house tonight. His parents won't be home."

Do not arouse or awaken love until the time is right.
~Song of Songs 2:7

"I really do love him. I think."

It is God's will that you should be holy: that you should avoid sexual immorality; that you should learn to control your own body in a way that is holy and honorable, not in passionate lust.
~1Thessalonians 4:3-5

Plus sign. Positive. Pregnant.

"God, why did you let this happen to me?"

To God's Glory,
Dave Price

Daily Prayer

God, You have told me that if I truly love You I will obey You. And when I obey You, life works. It's not that I don't have problems, but I have peace. There is still chaos around me, but You are in control. Things don't always go my way, but I am content. Sometimes the wrong people succeed, but I can leave justice in Your hands.

But more than anything, I can talk to You. Nothing is blocking my prayers. My heart is soft and open to Your leading. It is good.

Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment