Thursday, September 30, 2010

We Still Build Totem Poles - September 30, 2010

Daily Reading

Daily Verse
When you bring blind animals for sacrifice, is that not wrong?
When you sacrifice crippled or diseased animals, is that not wrong?
Try offering them to your governor! Would he be pleased with you?
Would he accept you?" says the LORD Almighty.
Malachi 1:8

Daily Thought

Totem Poles: Sculptures carved from large trees
by 19th century Native Americans,
depicting events, legends, and people,
often ordered in importance from bottom to top.

Saturday. Garage Sale Day.

"Why are you selling the barbecue?"

"Just built a backyard kitchen.
Don't need this anymore."

"Anything wrong with it?"

"The auto-igniter doesn't work
and the flames are a bit uneven.
It could use some TLC."

"How much?"

"I was asking $50 on Craigslist.
No takers. You can have it for 25.
If it doesn't sell, I'm giving it to my church."

We still build totem poles.

To God's Glory,
Dave Price

Daily Prayer

My God, may You fill my life with Your desires, Your passions, Your wisdom. May I love You first, most, and always. May my love for You be reflected in what I do, what I buy, what I keep, and what I give. May the words of my mouth, the meditations of my heart, and the actions of my self be a testimony of Your goodness and Your greatness, and of my devotion to You.

Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment