Thursday, February 4, 2010

Learning to Type - February 4, 2010

Daily Reading

Daily Verse
Then the LORD said to Moses,
"I will rain down bread from heaven for you.
Six days you are to gather it,
but on the seventh day, the Sabbath,
there will not be any."
Nevertheless, some of the people
went out on the seventh day,
but they found none.
Exodus 16:4, 26-27

Daily Thought

I do not know how to type. Never learned. I'm pretty quick with my two index fingers, and computers have made things easier, but there was a time before iMac.

In 1973, my family had a blue Royal typewriter with an automatic carriage return.

Did I forget to mention my tendency to procrastinate? Due Friday morning, I finish writing my 10-page essay Thursday, minutes before midnight.

One item left. Typed, double-spaced, one-inch margins. Mom!

This is called presumption. Each of you reading this, you are muttering right now, aren't you? You are crying, "Don't do it! Don't do it, Mom. Make the kid type his own paper."

Sorry. She was gracious and I presumed on her grace, and she did it. Many times! But if she didn't, could I blame her?

God is full of grace. How many times do we presume on his grace? How many times can we?

2Peter 3:9-10, The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise, as some understand slowness. He is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance. But the day of the Lord will come...

To God's Glory,
Dave

Daily Prayer

Righteous God, You are holy and just, and yet Your grace gives us time to discover Your forgiveness before we encounter our judgment. Thank You for Your Son, Jesus Christ, who fulfilled all righteousness and made our salvation possible.

Father, we pray that we may be instruments of Your good news, proclaiming Jesus to this world in what we say and what we do. We pray that all would receive Your grace before the Day comes when You settle accounts, that wonderful day when You make all things right again.

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment