Monday, February 22, 2010

Holding A Cat By Its Tail - February 22, 2010

Daily Reading

Daily Verse
I will walk among you and be your God,
and you will be my people.
Leviticus 26:12

Daily Thought

When you are God, then you are God. Obviously!

Yet, we carve God into our favorite image. "The kind of God I believe in..." As if we can treat God any way we want. Well, I guess we can, but...

"The man that sets out to carry a cat by its tail learns something that will always be useful and which will never grow dim or doubtful."
--Mark Twain

God said to Moses, "I am that I am." Our choice is not which kind of God we follow, but whether OR NOT we follow the God who is.

If you follow my decrees and are careful to obey my commands, I will look on you with favor.
Leviticus 26:3, 9

But if you will not listen to me and carry out all these commands, then I will do this to you...
Leviticus 26:14, 16

"My God wouldn't do that!"

He will if you pick him up by the tail.

To God's Glory,
Dave

Daily Prayer

God, You are eternal, not created, but Creator of all things. You have no beginning, no ending. You are all in all. You are God.

You created us in Your image. Within us is a knowledge of You. We all have eternity in our hearts. We know You. Yet we chose not to follow You, but to follow our own creation. Thank You for Your Son, who showed us You again, and made restoration possible. May we follow You, may we conform to Your image.

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment