Saturday, February 27, 2010

Happy Wife, Happy Life - February 27, 2010

Daily Reading

Daily Verse
Moses answered them,
"Wait until I find out what the LORD
commands concerning you."
Numbers 9:8

Daily Thought

My son approached me with what seemed to be a perfectly reasonable request. "May I go to the movies tonight with my friends?"

Which movie? Which friends?
I asked the right questions.
"Son, it seems like everything is okay."

He started to walk away triumphantly. "But son, you know there is no 'Yes' until mom says 'Yes.'"

He knew.

This is not simply Happy Wife, Happy Life.

My wife knows better.
She knows if there is homework due.
She knows how he's behaved during the day.
She even knows more about his friends.

Okay, Happy Wife, Happy Life is important, too.

Moses answered them, "Wait until I find out what the LORD commands concerning you." --Numbers 9:8

How often do I say 'Yes' or 'No,' before checking with the One who knows best?

Blessed is the man who listens to me,
watching daily at my doors,
waiting at my doorway.
--Proverbs 8:34

To God's Glory,
Dave

Daily Prayer

Father God, You are wise, You are loving, You are good. What a blessing it is to bring our requests to You. We know that You will work all things for good for those who love You and are called according to Your purpose. If we want Your wisdom, God, it begins with our love for You. God, may we love You fully.

May we show our love by our obedience. We say we trust You. May we show our trust by our actions.

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment