Sunday, January 24, 2010

Three Dangerous Words - January 19, 2010

Daily Reading

Daily Verse
But he said to them, "Do not detain me,
now that the LORD has granted success to my journey.
Send me on my way so I may go to my master."
Genesis 24:56


Daily Thought

Three dangerous words.

"Yet." I haven't done my homework yet. "Yet" is meant to assure me it will get done. Later. I don't buy it. I know that word all too well. The ever present pile of unfinished books next to my bed is a testimony to that word.

"Potential." Potential, looking forward is, perhaps, hopeful. Maybe. But at my age, it tends to look back. He had so much potential. Ouch!

"Settled." Genesis 11. Terah gathered his family and headed for Canaan, God's soon to be Promised Land. Verse 31, But when they came to Haran, they settled there. Verse 32, Terah lived 205 years, and he died in Haran. Settling doesn't get it done.

"Done" is a good word. Even better, "Well done." When used in a sentence by my Savior, "Well done, good and faithful servant."

To God's Glory,
Dave

Daily Prayer

God the Father, thank You for Your Son, our God and Savior, Jesus Christ. He finished His work. He bore the cross, but death could not hold Him. He accomplished our salvation. He is the Name above all names, King of kings, and Lord of lords.

You have given us work to do, to bring Your grace and salvation to the world. May You see our love for You and for our neighbor through our obedience to Your call.

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment