Saturday, January 30, 2010

Simon Says - January 30, 2010

Daily Reading

Daily Verse
The midwives, however, feared God
and did not do what the king of Egypt had told them to do;
they let the boys live.
Exodus 1:17

Daily Thought

When I was a child, I learned that Simon was in charge.

I had no idea who Simon was, but apparently, if he said it, I was supposed to do it. There was always a kid up front who thought he was in charge, but really we didn't do anything he said unless Simon said it, too.

What if the real Simon showed up?

He did, to Moses. Moses asked him his name and he said, "I Am Who I Am." (A much cooler name than Simon.) We know him as the one true God, and his name tells us why he is in charge. He is "I Am Who I Am" and every other creature, including you and me, is "I am who He made me."

The midwives knew God and they knew his rules. Every game has rules, and you can't break them even if some leader up front tells you to.

James 4:17, Anyone, then, who knows the good he ought to do and doesn't do it, sins.

To God's Glory,
Dave

Daily Prayer

Our God, the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, the God of the Hebrews, the God of this world, the one and only God. May we know You, love You, and listen to You. May we know Your voice, and when we hear it, follow it.

God, You are good. Everything that is good comes from You. When we pursue righteousness, when we love our neighbors, when we serve the least of these, we live according to Your kingdom. We display Your kingdom on earth. Your will be done, on earth, as it is in heaven.

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment