Saturday, January 2, 2010

Choices - January 2, 2010

Daily Reading

Daily Verse
"If you do what is right, will you not be accepted?
But if you do not do what is right,
sin is crouching at your door;
it desires to have you, but you must master it."
Genesis 4:7

Daily Thought

Choices.
  • I can claim a false deduction and live in fear. Or I can submit an honest 1040 and walk in faith.
  • I can flirt with that girl for a fling. Or I can romance my wife for forever.
  • I can cheat on the test and get an "A" grade. Or I can study and become an "A" student.
  • I can speak in pride, protecting my reputation. Or I can speak in love, exalting God's.
  • I can join in worship and love on my church family. Or I can sleep in.
  • I can work 15 hour days and satisfy my boss. Or I can come home in the evenings and delight my family.
  • I can embrace my rights. Or I can serve others.
Life does throw us some heavy duty challenges. But most aren't. They are simply choices. Perhaps, even, some challenges would be less daunting if we mastered our choices.

To God's Glory,
Dave

Daily Prayer

Our Good God, we know that all things good come from you. That what you do is true, noble, right, pure, lovely, admirable, excellent, and praiseworthy. May we spend our days thinking about such things.

But more, God, may we live such things. May the words of our mouths and the meditation of our hearts be pleasing in your sight, O Lord, our Rock, our Redeemer. May our deeds demonstrate our faith in you and your ways and your Word.

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment