Tuesday, January 26, 2010

House of God - January 21, 2010

Daily Reading

Daily Verse
He called that place Bethel,
though the city used to be called Luz.
Genesis 28:19


Daily Thought

When Jacob awoke from his sleep, he thought, "Surely the LORD is in this place, and I was not aware of it." This place was named Luz. Jacob changed it's name.

Bethel. A Hebrew word. Beth is House, El, God. House of God.

Earl Radmacher, president of my seminary, was attending a worship service with a friend, Dan. Before the service, Earl and Dan were lingering in the courtyard while Dan smoked a cigarette.

Earl looked at his watch, "We better get in."
"Hang 'on. Just about done."
"Bring it with with you."
"I can't take a cigarette in there!"
"Why not?"
"That's the house of God."

Earl put a hand on Dan's shoulder, "Dan, you've been sticking that thing in the house of God."

"Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit?"
1Corinthians 6:19

"I have been crucified with Christ; and it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself up for me."
Galatians 2:20

Dan should change his name to Bethel.

So should I.

To God's Glory,
Dave

Daily Prayer

Our God, we worship You, Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. Sovereign God, Savior, Counselor. This is Your world and You are in it. You are the Master of the universe. There is no other.

Thank You for Your Son, who dwelt on earth to show us Your glory. Thank you that You now dwell inside us by Your grace through faith in Jesus Christ. May we, in all we do, remember that You are here, and show Your glory to the world.

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment