Saturday, March 13, 2010

A 3-Block Walk - March 13, 2010

Daily Reading

Daily Verse
Impress them on your children.
Talk about them when you sit at home
and when you walk along the road,
when you lie down and when you get up.
Deuteronomy 6:7

Daily Thought

My dad taught math to junior high students. Same school, 35 years.

We lived 4.9 miles from the school. I looked it up on Google maps. It says it takes 10 minutes to drive there from our house.

When I was 15 and my brother 13, we moved. My parents chose a house 8.5 miles away from the school. A 20 minute drive.

They chose a house farther away.

Not from everything. Our church had been 5.6 miles, 15 minutes away. (Lots of stoplights.) After we moved, a 3-block walk, if you cut through the creek. (We always did.)

My brother grew up to be a pastor. Me, too. Go figure.

To God's Glory,
Dave

Daily Prayer

Father God, Your Kingdom come, Your will be done. Thank You for sending Your Son, King of kings and Lord of lords. May I and my whole household serve You all our days in this present life, and all eternity in the age to come.

Thank You for coming close, for Your Son becoming flesh and blood, displaying Your glory in our midst. Thank You that I am a citizen of Your Kingdom through the righteousness of Your Son. May my entire household love You and serve You with all our heart and soul and strength.

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment