Saturday, March 20, 2010

Do The Math - March 20, 2010

Daily Reading

Daily Verse
The secret things belong to the LORD our God,
but the things revealed belong to us
and to our children forever,
that we may follow all the words of this law.
Deuteronomy 29:29

Daily Thought

Who should I marry?
What school should I go to?
Should I take this job?

I want to know God's will. Answers, please.

My dad was a math teacher, which meant I had the teacher's edition to my math books, which meant I had the answers in the back. I could look up the answers and never do the assignments.

And never learn math.

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind. Love your neighbor as yourself."
--Matthew 22:37-39

Trust in the LORD with all your heart
and lean not on your own understanding;
in all your ways acknowledge him,
and he will make your paths straight.
--Proverbs 3:5-6

It is God's will that you should be sanctified: that you should avoid sexual immorality; that each of you should learn to control his own body in a way that is holy and honorable.
--1Thessalonians 4:3-4

Be joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus.
--1Thessalonians 5:16-18

You know what I discovered? The more I do the assignments, the more the answers take care of themselves.

And the better I know math.

To God's Glory,
Dave

Daily Prayer

God, thank You for life itself, and that You for this instruction book, Your Word, which shows me how to live. Thank You, as well, that I can pray to You for wisdom, and You promise to give it to me. Help me never to doubt You. And Your Holy Spirit, I am so glad He lives in me and guides me toward Your truth. I live in a world upside down, and I need You to show me what is what.

Father, I know as I trust You more I will trust You more. I know that seems funny, but the more often I have faith, the stronger my faith gets, and the more willing I will be to walk in faith the next time. Strengthen me, God, as I train my mind by pouring into Your Word.

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment