Friday, March 5, 2010

Pay Me Now Or Pay Me Later - March 5, 2010

Daily Reading

Daily Verse
"Now leave at once and go home!
I said I would reward you handsomely,
but the LORD has kept you from being rewarded."
Numbers 24:11

Daily Thought

Fram Oil Filter has a slogan,
Pay me now or pay me later.

The answer is obvious, a $10 oil filter now, or a $1000 engine repair later.

The church in Laodicea said, "Pay me now." I am rich; I have acquired wealth and do not need a thing. --Revelation 3:17

Jesus said, "So, because you are lukewarm - neither hot nor cold - I am about to spit you out of my mouth." --Revelation 3:16

The church in Smyrna said, "Don't pay me now." I know your afflictions and your poverty. --Revelation 2:9

"Pay me later."

Jesus said, "Be faithful, even to the point of death, and I will give you the crown of life." --Revelation 2:10

Let me ask the question again,
Pay me now or pay me later.

The answer changes this time, but isn't it just as obvious?

"Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also."
--Matthew 6:19-21

To God's Glory,
Dave

Daily Prayer

Our Father, May we always obey you, no matter how costly. And obedience is costly. Your Son obeyed Your will and paid the price of the cross, bearing our sins. And obedience is rewarded. You gave Him the Name above all names, that at the Name of Jesus every knee would bow and every tongue confess Jesus Christ is Lord.

And obedience is costly. We offer our bodies as living sacrifices. And obedience is rewarded. Well done, good and faithful servant. Come and share your master's happiness. May we store up our treasures in Your home, not ours.

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment