Tuesday, March 23, 2010

She Is My Girl - March 23, 2010

Daily Reading

Daily Verse
He said to the Israelites,
"In the future when your descendants ask their fathers,
'What do these stones mean?'
tell them, 'Israel crossed the Jordan on dry ground.'"
Joshua 4:21-22

Daily Thought

From the day I met Debbie, I began opening the car door for her.

When we are leaving...

We have heard how the LORD dried up the water of the Red Sea for you when you came out of Egypt. When we heard of it, our hearts melted and everyone's courage failed because of you, for the LORD your God is God in heaven above and on the earth below.
--Joshua 2:10-11

And when we arrive...

As soon as the priests who carried the ark reached the Jordan and their feet touched the water's edge, the water from upstream stopped flowing. It piled up in a heap a great distance away. So the people crossed over opposite Jericho.
--Joshua 3:15-16

It is more than a gesture. It is an announcement. I want the world to know that she is my girl, my one-and-only, and I'd do anything for her.

To God's Glory,
Dave

Daily Prayer

Lord God, not only do You go before us, but You set the path in front of us, and light the path for us with Your Word. Father, You came to bring us life and life abundantly. You announced that Your Kingdom is here, right in front of us. God, I choose to follow You, the King of heaven and earth.

King of kings, I pray for your guidance over the small "k" kings. I pray that the country we live in would reflect Your way of life. That we would embrace morality. Thank You for not only instructing us as to what is good, but showing us the good by sending Your Son, Jesus Christ.

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment