Friday, March 12, 2010

That Settles It - March 12, 2010

Daily Reading

Daily Verse
Keep his decrees and commands,
which I am giving you today,
so that it may go well with you
and your children after you
and that you may live long in the land
the LORD your God gives you for all time.
Deuteronomy 4:40

Daily Thought

I saw a bumper sticker that said, "The Bible says it, I believe it, that settles it."

Question. Does "I believe it" really settle it?

I'm not saying I'd lie to you, but I did tell my kids that Santa Claus is real.

Jesus said, "Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them. I tell you the truth, until heaven and earth disappear, not the smallest letter, not the least stroke of a pen, will by any means disappear from the Law until everything is accomplished."
--Matthew 5:17-18

The Bible says it, Jesus believes it, that settles it.

You better believe it!!

To God's Glory,
Dave

Daily Prayer

Lord God, King of kings. I desire to serve You, follow You, and love You fully. So, God, increase my faith, my trust. Every time I do what I want to do, every time I depend on my own strength, every time I choose my own way, I am reminded that my faith needs to grow.

Thank You, God, for all the reminders in my life that You love me, care for me, and bless me. Thank You for being faithful even when I am faithless.

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment