Sunday, March 14, 2010

Stealing The Glory - March 14, 2010

Daily Reading

Daily Verse
You may say to yourself,
"My power and the strength of my hands
have produced this wealth for me."
But remember the LORD your God,
for it is he who gives you the ability to produce wealth,
and so confirms his covenant,
which he swore to your forefathers,
as it is today.
Deuteronomy 8:17-18

Daily Thought

I've seen this many times.

Number 85 streaks, an inside slant, and the quarterback hits him in stride.

Announcer: He races past the linebacker, stiff-arms the corner, the field opens up, and he could... go... all... the... way...

He does.

Announcer: Score!!!

Number 85 takes a knee and bows his head.

Announcer: He gives credit where credit is due.

Number 85 stands, stretches both arms into the air, waves his hands, and invites the adulation of the fans.

Announcer: Then, steals all the glory back to himself.

One time, I heard a play-by-play announcer describe it. Flawlessly.

To God's Glory,
Dave

Daily Prayer

My Creator, You put me together according to Your plans. You have numbered my days, and set a path in front of me. My prayer is that I would follow that path.

Sometimes I don't. Thank You for Your Son who paid the price for those times I strayed. Thank You for Your Word which lights the path and leads me on the way to righteousness. God, as long as I stay on the path, I get life and You get the glory!

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment