Sunday, March 21, 2010

You're Out Of The Game - March 21, 2010

Daily Reading

Daily Verse
This day I call heaven and earth as witnesses against you
that I have set before you life and death, blessings and curses.
Now choose life, so that you and your children may live
and that you may love the LORD your God,
listen to his voice, and hold fast to him.
For the LORD is your life.
Deuteronomy 30:19-20

Daily Thought

I watched my clean-up hitter take a called third strike to end the inning.

Then I watched his bat ricochet off the backstop 25 feet away.

Then I watched the umpire eject my clean-up hitter from the game.

"You threw him out of the game!" I attacked.

"I've never thrown anyone out of a game," countered the umpire.

"What do you mean? I just watched you toss him!"

"I did not," the ump clarified. "He removed himself when he threw the bat. I simply accommodated his request."

It is our actions, not the umpire, that choose whether or not we play the game.

To God's Glory,
Dave

Daily Prayer

Lord God, Your ways are good. I have choices, and I am baffled at how often I choose something other than You. It never works out. God, thank You for Your Word. May I keep it treasured in my heart, ready for memory at any occasion, to guide me toward righteousness.

Thank You for life, for making me alive again when I was born again by Your Son. May I listen, obey, and follow You, as Your Spirit speaks to me. May I always choose life in You.

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment