Wednesday, March 24, 2010

One Piece Missing - March 24, 2010

Daily Reading

Daily Verse
But the Israelites acted unfaithfully
in regard to the devoted things;
Achan son of Carmi, the son of Zimri,
the son of Zerah, of the tribe of Judah,
took some of them.
So the LORD's anger burned against Israel.
Joshua 7:1

Daily Thought

7,500 piece jigsaw puzzle.

7,499 in place.

1 piece missing.

...and the 7,499 no longer matter.

And the LORD God commanded the man, "You are free to eat from any tree in the garden; but you must not eat from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, for when you eat of it you will surely die."
--Genesis 2:16-17

Why? Why? Why? Why? Why?

Why does that one piece of fruit look so tasty?

To God's Glory,
Dave

Daily Prayer

Father, Thank You for life, for creation, for this world, for my family, for work to do and a purpose to live. Thank You for all the blessings You pour on me. Thank You for my church family, for worship, for Your Word, for the wonderful time in prayer, for communion, for service, for love.

Sin corrupts every good thing. God, forgive me and cleanse me for the sin I do. I so desire life and life abundantly. I pray that I will be so filled with Your love and Your goodness that sin will no longer look desirable. God, please put Your desires in my heart.

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment