Monday, March 15, 2010

Getting The Song Right - March 15, 2010

Daily Reading

Daily Verse
Remember today that your children
were not the ones who saw and experienced
the discipline of the LORD your God:
his majesty, his mighty hand, his outstretched arm.
Deuteronomy 11:2

Daily Thought

In the fifth grade, Mrs. O'Donnell tried to teach us a song. She got it all wrong. I told her that. In fact, I sang it for her, so she'd know how it was supposed to go.

Except Mrs. O'Donnell had a record by the original artist, and she played it, and she was right, and the class laughed.

In the fifth grade, I learned that my dad had his own way of singing songs.

When you haven't heard the original artist, you depend on your dad to get the song right.

These commandments that I give you today are to be upon your hearts. Impress them on your children. Talk about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up. Tie them as symbols on your hands and bind them on your foreheads. Write them on the doorframes of your houses and on your gates.
--Deuteronomy 6:6-9

To God's Glory,
Dave

Daily Prayer

Father God, Thank You for all You do. Thank You for Your Word which tells us Your story, about Your faithfulness from generation to generation. Thank You for Your church, the family of God, that surrounds us with Your love and grace.

You have given me Your Good News. May I share it well, may I share it accurately, may I share it in action and word. God, I pray that the picture I show of You by my life will be one that compels others to love and follow You.

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment