Tuesday, March 30, 2010

A Chance To Talk - March 30, 2010

Daily Reading

Daily Verse
After that whole generation
had been gathered to their fathers,
another generation grew up,
who knew neither the LORD
nor what he had done for Israel.
Judges 2:10

Daily Thought

In 2005, my son was in 8th grade history class at Springview Middle School. His assignment was to write an essay on the atomic bombs dropped on Hiroshima and Nagasaki.

In 1945, my dad was in the 6th Marine Division on the Island of Guam. His assignment was to invade the mainland of Japan.

Until two bombs dropped.

I'm glad my dad and my son had a chance to talk.

To God's Glory,
Dave

Daily Prayer

My God, You enter history and You walk with us. You guide us, You lead us, You go before us. In the work of Your Son, Jesus Christ, through death on the cross and resurrection from the grave, is victory over death, over sin, and over evil. You are Almighty, the God of righteousness.

God, may we never forget what You have done. May we tell our sons and daughters, and their sons and daughters. May our faith pass from generation to generation.

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment