Friday, March 26, 2010

Don't Make Peace With Evil - March 26, 2010

Daily Reading

Daily Verse
But the Israelites did not drive out
the people of Geshur and Maacah,
so they continue to live among the Israelites to this day.
Joshua 13:13

Daily Thought

God made it clear. The land is filled with evil. Drive out all of the evil from the land.

They drove out a lot. Not all. Not everybody. Sometimes some cities didn't seem worth the battle.

Hypocrisy, pride, gossip, gluttony, lust, greed. These cannot continue to live among us.

We fear the war when we should fear the peace.

Continue to work out your salvation with fear and trembling, for it is God who works in you to will and to act according to his good purpose.
--Philippians 2:12-13

To God's Glory,
Dave

Daily Prayer

Holy God, You called us to be perfect just like You. Which we cannot do... on our own. May my repentance be true. I choose to turn away from my sin, and God, I need Your Spirit to give me guidance and strength not to turn back. Thank You that even when I do, I can return and confess, and the once-and-for-all death of Your Son, Jesus Christ, covers all my sins.

I am so glad You are perfect and that Your standard is holiness. What other kind of eternity would be good? Thank You, Father, for doing the work which makes my holiness possible. It is only in the Name of Your Son, Jesus Christ.

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment