Sunday, May 23, 2010

Count On God - May 23, 2010

Daily Reading

Daily Verse
O LORD, when you favored me,
you made my mountain stand firm
Psalm 30:7

Daily Thought

David counted his soldiers. He wanted to know how strong he was.
One million one hundred thousand men who could handle a sword. When I felt secure, I said, "I will never be shaken."
--Psalm 30:6

Minus one God. ...but when you hid your face, I was dismayed.
--Psalm 30:7

He was shaken.

If God is for us, who can be against us?
--Romans 8:31

You can count on God, or you can count your soldiers.

To God's Glory,
Dave

Daily Prayer

Almighty God, You are my strength. With you, we are more than conquerors. God, keep me from the temptation to act from my own strength. It makes my head get big. Or I fail. I forget that when I am weak, then I am strong. In my weakness display Your glory.

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment