Thursday, May 20, 2010

I'm Thirsty - May 20, 2010

Daily Reading

Daily Verse
As the deer pants for streams of water,
so my soul pants for you, O God.
Psalm 42:1

Daily Thought

Jesus lived 40 days in a desert without eating.
At the end of them he was hungry.
--Luke 4:1

The devil offered him bread. Jesus said, "No, if I have to choose, I choose God." Jesus didn't want the devil bringing him bread.

The rich man didn't want God. He had everything he wanted.
He wore purple and fine linen and lived in luxury everyday.
--Luke 16:19

Until he died. Now he's hot.

So he called to Father Abraham, "Have pity on me and send Lazarus to dip the tip of his finger in water and cool my tongue."
--Luke 16:24

He still doesn't want God. He wants God to bring him water.

To God's Glory,
Dave

Daily Prayer

My God, You spoke and created all things. You breathed and gave life. Every day is a gift, every breath grace.

In the morning, I rise and give thanks to You and anticipate the day. As the day opens up before me, I will walk with You and You will be my constant companion. Dare I ever live a day without You. You are the air I breathe. That is the longing of my soul. May I make it the reality of my life.

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment