Thursday, May 27, 2010

He Is No Fool - May 27, 2010

Daily Reading

Daily Verse
Unless the LORD builds the house,
its builders labor in vain.
Unless the LORD watches over the city,
the watchmen stand guard in vain.
Psalm 127:1

Daily Thought

The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy;

"The care of $200 million is enough to kill anyone.
There is no pleasure in it."
--W.H. Vanderbilt

"I have made millions, but they have brought me no happiness."
--John D. Rockefeller

"Millions seldom smile."
--Andrew Carnegie

"I was happier when I was a mechanic."
--Henry Ford

Satan, the thief, steals our life by giving us more and more

I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full.
--John 10:10

"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep
to gain that which he cannot lose."
--Jim Elliot

Jesus, the Savior, enlarges our life as we give away more and more.

To God's Glory,
Dave and Debbie Price

Daily Prayer

Our Shepherd, our God, You give us life, keep us, lead us, teach us all things. If only we would listen and learn.

God, when I have done things my way, they have been empty. Even my successes. When I remember that my weakness is where You shine, when I submit to Your guidance, Your lead, when I take all that I have (which You gave me in the first place, by the way) and use it for Your Kingdom, for eternity, I discover the life You intended. Thank You for the joy!

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment