Saturday, May 8, 2010

Faster Than A Speeding Bullet - May 8, 2010

Daily Reading

Daily Verse
For in his own eyes he flatters himself
too much to detect or hate his sin.
Psalm 36:2

Daily Thought

My children believed their dad was Superman. I may have had something to do with this. I told them I was.

Also Spider-man, Indiana Jones, and the Green Power Ranger (green is my favorite color).

The flight attendant instructed Muhammad Ali to put on his seat belt. "Superman don't need no seat belt," explained Ali.
"Superman don't need no plane," she growled.

The only people who ever believed I was Superman were my kids

...and myself.

Do not think of yourself more highly than you ought.
--Romans 12:3

Never could fool my wife.

To God's Glory,
Dave

Daily Prayer

My God, the silliest notion I have is that I am good enough. That when all is said and done, I can inventory my life and say, "Open the gates of heaven." To think this, I ignore my sin and am ignorant of Your holiness. God, do not let me settle for the shadow of goodness I find in my life. Keep my heart open to Your glory. Make this the deepest desire of my life, so that I hate sin and love You, and recognize always that I must do both.

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment