Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Talk Your Walk - May 12, 2010

Daily Reading

Daily Verse
Come and listen, all you who fear God;
let me tell you what he has done for me.
Psalm 66:16

Daily Thought

"I made a huge decision this weekend," Carlos sat down to lunch with Jack. "I am now a follower of Jesus Christ."

"Wow!" cheered Jack. "That's fantastic, Carlos."

"Really? I wasn't sure what you'd think."

"Why not?" Jack looked puzzled. "I've been praying for you for years."

"You have? Jack, you're a big reason it took me so long to seek God."

"What? Why? I've always tried to live a good life and be an example," Jack protested.

"That's just it," explained Carlos. "You are a really good man, but you've never mentioned your faith. I always figured if you could be good without God, so could I."

I must walk my talk. I will show you my faith by what I do.
--James 2:18

I must also talk my walk. I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes.
--Romans 1:16

To God's Glory,
Dave

Daily Prayer

You entered this world and spoke to me, God. When I open Your Word, I hear Your voice. Your Son, also called the Word, shows me who You are. Your Spirit speaks to my Spirit. Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. God, teaming up for my salvation. Thank You.

Thank You, also, for those servants of yours, my friends and acquaintances, who knew You ahead of me. By their lives and their witness, they led me to You. God, use me to introduce others to You. I pray I will live godly and speak boldly and love fully, so that Your gospel will be seen and heard and received.

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment