Monday, May 3, 2010

I Mow The Lawn - May 3, 2010

Daily Reading

Daily Verse
They exchanged their Glory
for an image of a bull, which eats grass.
Psalm 106:20

Daily Thought

In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.
--Genesis 1:1

...including grass.

God saw all that he had made, and it was very good.
--Genesis 1:31

I just finished mowing my parents' lawn. My teenage chore, I followed the same lines, found the same grooves established 37 years ago. The sound of the motor, the smell of cut grass, sprinklers splashing, a perfect Sacramento Spring day. It felt good, like everything is right in the world.

...for an image of a bull, which eats grass.
Psalm 106:20

God creates grass.
I mow grass.
Bulls eat grass.

There is order here. It is good.

They exchanged the truth of God for a lie, and worshiped and served created things rather than the Creator.
--Romans 1:25

Our world is in disarray, in need of a return to order.

To God's Glory,
Dave

Daily Prayer

God, Maker of all things, You also sustain them, You keep them going, You hold them together. There would be no world without You, so why do we try to live without You.

The whole world is full of Your glory.

It's hard to miss! Creator, I begin each morning thanking You for the gift of a day ahead of me. As I open that gift, may I enjoy it and live in it in a way that reflects Your glory and Your grace.

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment