Saturday, May 15, 2010

Love Never Fails - May 15, 2010

Daily Reading

Daily Verse
Then Amnon hated her with intense hatred.
In fact, he hated her more than he had loved her.
Amnon said to her, "Get up and get out!"
2Samuel 13:15

Daily Thought

Lust is selfish
Love is sacrificial

Lust gives in
Love chooses

Lust wants gratification now
Love is patient

Lust is physical
Love is physical,
and social,
and mental,
and emotional,
and spiritual

Lust doesn't know your name
Love listens

Lust disposes
Love protects

Lust walks away after it is satisfied
Love lingers, love lasts

Lust says "I loved it!"
Love says "I love you!"

Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails.
--1Corinthians 13:4-8


To God's Glory,
Dave

Daily Prayer

My God of love, I have learned love, the highest love, sacrificial giving love, from You. You who knew no sin became sin so that I might be brought into Your family.

Father, protect my heart from seeking my own benefit. Whenever I seek my own, it costs somebody something. May I learn to live completely content with the riches I have in You, so that I will be someone who seeks to serve rather than be served.

Amen

2 comments:

  1. What a great message. Thank you for sharing! Love wins!~ Julie Cantrell

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Julie - I think that contrast at the end, "I loved it/I love you," says it all. It's really true to life.

    ReplyDelete