Friday, May 14, 2010

Putting Up With Sin - May 14, 2010

Daily Reading

Daily Verse
For I know my transgressions,
and my sin is always before me.
Psalm 51:3

Daily Thought

Craig bought his first car, a beautiful 1978 MG Midget. Brand spankin' new. Until he put a 4-inch gash on the left front fender.
Several weeks passed. I asked if he was going to fix it.

"I'm trying to decide if its worth fixing. I'm not sure it's that bad. Maybe I can put up with it."

"How often do you notice it?"

"Every single time I get in the car."

For I know my transgressions,
and my sin is always before me.
--Psalm 51:3

I gave him the number of my friend who owns a body shop.

Blessed is he whose transgressions are forgiven,
whose sins are covered.
--Psalm 32:1

To God's Glory,
Dave

Daily Prayer

My God and Savior, What an amazing love you have for me. You sent Your only Son, sacrificed for my sins, so that I might be made righteous. You created me in Your image, only to see me love the pleasure of sin more than the joy of paradise. And still you are willing to forgive me. To invite me back in the family.

Thank You, God, for Your salvation. I am truly blessed.

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment