Sunday, May 2, 2010

The Point - May 2, 2010

Daily Reading

Daily Verse
How good and pleasant it is
when brothers live together in unity!
Psalm 133:1

Daily Thought

Jesus said, "My children, I will be with you only a little longer. Where I am going, you cannot come."
--John 13:33

This isn't the point. It is leading up to the point.

"A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this all men will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another."
--John 13:34-35

This is the point. This is what's important.

Simon Peter asked him, "Lord, where are you going?"
--John 13:36

Peter missed the point.

We keep missing the point.

We shouldn't be looking forward to heaven unless we're loving each other on earth.

To God's Glory,
Dave

Daily Prayer

Father in heaven, Your love for us sent Your Son to earth. To seek us. To save us.

Fill my heart with Your love, Your humility and sacrifice, which led You to die for sinners, in order that we may live with You. Love is not being willing to die. It is dying. It is sacrificing myself to bring good and good news to others. May I love others so much that there is no doubt that I truly love You.

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment