Friday, May 28, 2010

Saving Dave Price - May 28, 2010

Daily Reading

Daily Verse
How can I repay the LORD
for all his goodness to me?
Psalm 116:12

Daily Thought

Saving Private Ryan

Captain John Miller gave his life to save Private James Ryan. Captain Miller whispered his last words to Private Ryan, "Earn this. Earn it."

Fifty years later, James Ryan kneels at the cross above Captain Miller's grave. "Every day I think about what you said to me. I've tried to live my life the best I could. I hope that was enough. I hope that at least in your eyes I've earned what you have done for me."

That's a good movie.

Saving Dave Price

Jesus Christ gave his life to save the world. To save me. I didn't earn it. I haven't earned it. I cannot earn it. Jesus did.

This righteousness from God comes through faith in Jesus Christ to all who believe.
--Romans 3:22

Jesus spoke last words to me, to all of us, as well, "Enjoy it."

That's the Good News.

I have told you this so that my joy may be in you and that your joy may be complete. My command is this: Love each other as I have loved you. Greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends.
--John 15:11-13

To God's Glory,
Dave Price

Daily Prayer

My God and Savior, You are good. Your Son even said, "No one is good, but God alone." Certainly not me. Yet, you have given me righteousness. Not mine, but the righteousness of Jesus Christ. What a gift. Thank you God. I don't have to be good enough. I don't have to earn Your salvation. I receive it.

May the Name of Jesus be praised, be honored, be worshiped. My God and Savior. May my life not earn salvation, but point to salvation through Your Son.

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment