Monday, May 24, 2010

I Love Ice Cream - May 24, 2010

Daily Reading

Daily Verse
For great is your love, higher than the heavens;
your faithfulness reaches to the skies.
Psalm 108:4

Daily Thought

I love ice cream. It gives me pleasure. I love things that give me pleasure. I don't love spumoni ice cream. My love is conditional. I love ice cream, but only the kind I like.
That's one kind of love. There's another kind.

David said it reaches to the skies. God's love. No conditions.

For example, God hates sin. We sin. But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us.
--Romans 5:8

Fortunately for us, God's love reaches to the earth, too.

To God's Glory,
Dave

Daily Prayer

Amazing God, You deserve the worship of all creation. Yet, so often, I forget. And others choose not to. And still, You love us, die for us, and offer us salvation. We reject Eden and You invite us into Paradise. Truly, You are love.

I am able to love, God, because You first loved me. I pray that my love for the world always and fully reflects Your love for the world.

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment