Wednesday, May 5, 2010

I Will Fear No Evil - May 5, 2010

Daily Reading

Daily Verse
Surely goodness and love will follow me
all the days of my life,
and I will dwell in the house of the LORD
forever.
Psalm 23:6

Daily Thought

Even though I walk through the valley
of the shadow of death.
--Psalm 23:4

Psalm 22, 1000 B.C.
Matthew 27, A.D. 33
My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?
--Psalm 22:1
Jesus cried out in a loud voice,
"My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?"
--Matthew 27:46

Scorned by men and despised by the people, all who
see me mock me. They hurl insults, shaking their heads:
"He trusts in the LORD; let the LORD rescue him.
--Psalm 22:6-8
The chief priests, the teachers of the law
and the elders mocked him. "He trusts in God.
Let God rescue him now if he wants him,
for he said, 'I am the Son of God.' "
--Matthew 27:41-43

I am poured out like water,
and all my bones are out of joint.
My heart has turned to wax;
it has melted away within me.
They have pierced my hands and my feet.
I can count all my bones.
--Psalm 22:14-17
Then they led him away to crucify him.
--Matthew 27:31

They divide my garments among them
and cast lots for my clothing.
--Psalm 22:18
They divided up his clothes by casting lots.
--Matthew 27:35

Jesus was handed over to you by God's set purpose and foreknowledge; and you put him to death by nailing him to the cross. But God raised him from the dead, freeing him from the agony of death. God has made this Jesus, whom you crucified, both Lord and Christ.
--Acts 2:23-24, 36

It's not like God doesn't know what's happening.

I will fear no evil, for you are with me.
Psalm 23:4

To God's Glory,
Dave

Daily Prayer

Savior God, I praise You, for Your foreknowledge, for Your sovereignty, for Your plan of salvation, for Your good will. You never leave us or forsake us, but You walk with us. How great is our God.

May I walk with confidence, knowing that whatever is before me, You have endured worse, and Your Spirit will be by my side. God, if You are for me, there is none that can be against me.

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment