Wednesday, May 19, 2010

John 3:16 - May 19, 2010

Daily Reading

Daily Verse
You have made it clear today
that the commanders and their men
mean nothing to you.
I see that you would be pleased if Absalom
were alive today and all of us were dead.
2Samuel 19:6

Daily Thought

The king covered his face and cried aloud, "O my son Absalom! O Absalom, my son, my son!"
--2Samuel 19:4

David mourns the life and death of his rebellious, disobedient son, scorning the faithful who follow him.

"And a voice came from heaven: "You are my Son, whom I love; with you I am well pleased."
--Luke 3:22

God celebrates the life and death of his righteous, obedient Son, saving sinners who crucified Him.

"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life."
--John 3:16

To God's Glory,
Dave

Daily Prayer

God, Your salvation is amazing. We are sinners, not even looking to be saved. We are self-seeking people who long to be self-satisfied. But it doesn't work, and we need a Savior.

Your Son did not consider His own position something to cling to, but left His place by Your side and became one of us. To show us who You are. To seek us. To save us.

Thank You.

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment