Saturday, May 22, 2010

Dogs Don't Pray - May 22, 2010

Daily Reading

Daily Verse
Come, let us bow down in worship,
let us kneel before the LORD our Maker.
Psalm 95:6

Daily Thought

The family sits down to dinner. We hold hands, bow, and give thanks.
Lucy, our basset hound, goes to her bowl of food. No pause, no prayer, she dives right in.

I mean, why not, she doesn't know any better.

While they were eating, Jesus took bread, gave thanks and broke it, and gave it to his disciples.
--Matthew 26:26

To God's Glory,
Dave

Daily Prayer

Oh Lord my God, You created everything. I mean everything. Some things I don't understand (mosquitoes), some things I cannot even begin to comprehend (Quantum Physics). The heavens and the earth. They are in Your hand. You made them and you keep them going.

God, it amazes me that You hold this huge universe together, and at the same time, no the details of my life. How dare I not keep You in my thoughts, since You, my Creator, keep me in Your thoughts.

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment