Sunday, June 13, 2010

Ants Follow Ants - June 13, 2010

Daily Reading

Daily Verse
"But will God really dwell on earth?
The heavens, even the highest heaven, cannot contain you.
How much less this temple I have built!"
1Kings 8:27

Daily Thought

The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us.
--John 1:14

Ants release a chemical called a pheromone so other ants will follow them. That's why a trail of ants walk in a straight line, one behind the other.

Ants follow ants.

God made Adam and Eve, and said follow me. Instead, Adam followed Eve, Cain followed Adam, and I follow Cain.

And none of us follow God. We act like ants, but we were made to be like God. So....

Jesus, being in very nature God, did not consider equality with God something to be grasped, but took the very nature of a servant, being made in human likeness.
--Philippians 2:6-7

Then Jesus said, "Come, follow me."
--Matthew 4:19

To God's Glory
Dave Price

Daily Prayer

Heavenly Father, You are holy and righteous. I am not. You made me in Your image, so deep inside I have always known what I should be like. But, on my own, I wouldn't do anything to change. Thank You for seeking me and inviting me to follow You. Thank You for Your Son, Jesus Christ, who is the way, the truth, and the life.

Jesus said, "Follow Me." God, I commit to following You with all that I am. Help me keep that promise.

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment