Monday, June 28, 2010

Suit Up And Say It On The Field - June 28, 2010

Daily Reading

Daily Verse
The king of Israel answered,
"Tell him: 'One who puts on his armor
should not boast like one who takes it off.'"
1Kings 20:11

Daily Thought

If only the Jets had lost.

Nothing against New York, it's that silly guarantee.

Three days prior to Super Bowl III, Joe Namath brashly boasted, "We're gonna win the game. I guarantee it."

And they did. New York Jets 16 - Baltimore Colts 7

Now we get lots of guarantees, and just about half the time they are right.

Show me the player who competes with intensity, but without the bluster and bravado. He scores a touchdown and tosses the ball to the ref. "Been here before. I'll be back again."

Suit up and say it on the field.

Do not boast about tomorrow,
for you do not know what a day may bring forth.
Let another praise you, and not your own mouth;
someone else, and not your own lips.
--Proverbs 27:1-2

To God's Glory,
Dave Price

Daily Prayer

My God, I am glad to boast in You. Truth that You declare, I speak with confidence, because I know it is as true as if it had already occurred. What you say will happen, happens.

I will not boast of strength, wisdom, or riches, because what I have, if any, comes from You. Therefore, let all my boasting turn to praise. Let me declare only this, that I know the God of Creation, who exercises justice and kindness and righteousness on this earth. That I know Jesus Christ, my Savior and Lord.

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment