Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Not Everyone Is Doing It - June 2, 2010

Daily Reading

Daily Verse
How delightful is your love, my sister, my bride!
How much more pleasing is your love than wine,
and the fragrance of your perfume than any spice!
Song of Songs 4:10

Daily Thought

For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and they will become one flesh. The man and his wife were both naked, and they felt no shame.
--Genesis 2:24-25

She said, "C'mon, everyone is doing it."
He said, "Good, then you won't have any trouble finding someone."

He said, "Want to hop into the back seat?"
She said, "No, I'd rather stay up front here with you."

They said, "You are the only one of us who is still a virgin."
She said, "You're right. And anytime I want, I can become what you are. However, you can never again become what I am."

Daughters of Jerusalem, I charge you:
Do not arouse or awaken love until it so desires.
--Song of Songs 8:4

To God's Glory,
Dave Price

Daily Prayer

Loving Father, Thank You for Your goodness. You looked at Your Creation and saw that it was good. Except one thing. Man was alone. You made woman, brought them together, and it was very good.

God, may my life, my love, my marriage, be an example of all You had in mind. May it, indeed, be very good.

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment