Wednesday, June 30, 2010

The Eyes Have It - June 30, 2010

Daily Reading

Daily Verse
He told them, "Consider carefully what you do,
because you are not judging for man but for the LORD,
who is with you whenever you give a verdict.
2Chronicles 19:6

Daily Thought

I remember watching a movie with my college buddies. They laughed and I laughed. We had a great time.

I remember, several years later, watching the same movie with my Aunt Katie. She frowned and I squirmed. We had an awkward time.

Funny how the same movie is different depending on whose eyes you see it through.

"Consider carefully what you do, because you are not judging for man but for the LORD, who is with you whenever you give a verdict."
--2Chronicles 19:6

To God's Glory,
Dave Price

Daily Prayer

Heavenly Father, righteous and good and holy, may I fill my eyes, my thoughts, my heart with heavenly things. May Your glory be reflected in all I do. Give me discernment to know what is right and what pleases You. When I ask You to give me the desires of my heart, God, I do not mean give me whatever I want. Rather, cause Your desires to become my deepest longing, so that whatever I want will be a consistent with Your character. Goodness. Truth. Faith. Hope. Love.

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment