Sunday, June 27, 2010

Forsaking All Others Keeping Only Unto You - June 27, 2010


Daily Reading

Daily Verse
So Elisha left him and went back.
He took his yoke of oxen and slaughtered them.
He burned the plowing equipment to cook the meat
and gave it to the people, and they ate.
Then he set out to follow Elijah and became his attendant.
1Kings 19:21

Daily Thought

For which of you does not sit down first and count the cost, whether he has enough to finish it.
--Luke 14:28

To have and to hold
from this day forward,
for better or worse,
for richer or poorer,
in sickness and in health,
to love and to cherish,
and forsaking all others,
keeping only unto you,
until death do us part.

But whatever was to my profit I now consider loss for the sake of Christ. What is more, I consider everything a loss compared to the surpassing greatness of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord, for whose sake I have lost all things. I consider them rubbish, that I may gain Christ.
--Philippians 3:7-8

To God's Glory,
Dave Price

Daily Prayer

Father God, You left heaven to come to me. May I return Your love with my own love, keeping You first, forsaking anything that stands in the way, following You wholeheartedly.

You are my first love.

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment