Monday, June 21, 2010

Dance With The One That Brought You - June 21, 2010

Daily Reading

Daily Verse
As Solomon grew old, his wives turned his heart after other gods,
and his heart was not fully devoted to the LORD his God,
as the heart of David his father had been.
1Kings 11:4

Daily Thought

The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom.
--King Solomon, Proverbs 9:10

King Solomon, however, loved many foreign women.
--1Kings 11:1

You got to dance with the one that brought you,
Stay with the one that wants you,
The one who's gonna love you when all of the others go home.

"You shall have no other gods before me, for I, the LORD your God, am a jealous God, showing love to a thousand generations of those who love me."
--Exodus 20:3-6

Don't let the green grass fool ya,
Don't let the moon get to ya,
Dance with the one that brought you and you can't go wrong.
--Shania Twain, "Dance With The One That Brought You"

Yet I hold this against you: You have forsaken your first love. Remember the height from which you have fallen!
--Revelation 2:4-5

To God's Glory,
Dave Price

Daily Prayer

God of Love, I only know what love is because of You. My kind of love leans toward selfishness. What in it for me? But You, the God of all creation, considered me, the one You created, better than Yourself. Even while I had my back turned to You, You died for me. Your love is sacrificial. It is good. It is life.

God, I have one first love, and that is You. Above all else. And what is amazing is I am able to love others better because I love You fully. Thank You for loving me first.

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment