Thursday, June 3, 2010

I Hand My Daughter The Keys To The Car - June 3, 2010

Daily Reading

Daily Verse
The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge,
but fools despise wisdom and discipline.
Proverbs 1:7

Daily Thought

I remember December 1973, when Dad gave me the keys to his brown 1963 Ford Galaxie. I'm not telling you anything else, though. Dad and Mom are still alive and they read these daily thoughts. Let's just say I did not properly appreciate 2 tons traveling fast.
Do not be wise in your own eyes;
fear the LORD and shun evil.
This will bring health to your body
and nourishment to your bones.
--Proverbs 3:7-8

July 2004, I hand Abby, my oldest, the keys to the family SUV. I've been driving for 30 years, but at long last, I feel the size, the weight, the speed, and the power. I could say I finally respect the GMC Yukon, but no. It is fear.

To God's Glory,
Dave Price

Daily Prayer

Now unto Him who is able to keep you from falling, and present you faultless before His presence with exceeding joy, to the only wise God our Savior be glory, majesty, dominion and power, both now and forever.

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment