Monday, June 14, 2010

The Kind Of Person God Can Forgive - June 14, 2010

Daily Reading

Daily Verse
Then from heaven, your dwelling place,
hear their prayer and their pleas, and uphold their cause.
And forgive your people, who have sinned against you.
2Chronicles 6:39

Daily Thought

I invited her to church this Sunday.

"Oh, but you don't know what I've done," she sighed. "I'm not the kind of person God could ever forgive."

"Crucify him!" they shouted.
--Mark 15:13

Then they spit in his face and struck him with their fists.
Others slapped him and said,
"Prophesy to us, Christ. Who hit you?"
--Matthew 26:67-68

"Shall I crucify your king?" Pilate asked.
"We have no king but Caesar," the chief priests answered.
--John 19:15

They stripped him
and put a scarlet robe on him,
and then twisted together a crown of thorns
and set it on his head.
They put a staff in his right hand
and knelt in front of him and mocked him.
"Hail, king of the Jews!" they said.
They spit on him, and took the staff
and struck him on the head again and again.
--Matthew 27:28-30

They kept shouting, "Crucify him! Crucify him!"
--Luke 23:21

Finally Pilate handed him over to them to be crucified.
--John 19:16

Jesus said, "Father, forgive them,
for they do not know what they are doing."
--Luke 23:34

"You're right, I don't know what you've done, what kind of person you are," I nodded. "But here's what I do know. I know what Jesus has done and what kind of God he is."

To God's Glory
Dave Price

Daily Prayer

Loving Father, Your love endures. I've put it to the test! So have others. All of us. And yet Your love lasts forever and forgiveness is always in front of me. So, God, thank You for forgiving me because of the blood of Your Son.

God, may I live life with confidence. Not in my own strength, but in the absolute certainty that Your Son did everything I need to restore my relationship with You. Forever.

Your love endures forever.

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment