Tuesday, June 1, 2010

A Light For My Path - June 1, 2010

Daily Reading

Daily Verse
Your word is a lamp to my feet
and a light for my path.
Psalm 119:105

Daily Thought

"There is a time and a place for everything," instructed my dad.
There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under heaven.
--Ecclesiastes 3:1

The Bible said it first.

King David was the apple of your eye --Psalm 17:8, while Job escaped by the skin of his teeth. --Job 19:20

"Can a leopard change his spots?" asked Jeremiah --13:23

"Winners go the extra mile," charged Coach King. Sound familiar? "If someone forces you to go one mile, go with him two miles."
--Matthew 5:41

"Eat, drink and be merry," cheered my Epicurean friend. Oh, but keep reading, This very night your life will be demanded from you. --Luke 12:19-20 "For tomorrow we shall die..."

No rest for the wicked. Got that right. According to the Bible, "There is no peace," says my God, "for the wicked." --Isaiah 57:21

Not only that, have you heard that "Pride goes before the fall"?
Pride goes before destruction, a haughty spirit before a fall.
--Proverbs 16:18

Your laws endure to this day,
for all things serve you.
--Psalm 119:91

To God's Glory,
Dave Price

Daily Prayer

Heavenly Father, Your Word is true, good, and right. It gives light to our feet so we may walk well and upright. Thank You for the truth that sets us free.

God, I will treasure Your Word in my heart that I may not sin against You. May Your Spirit teach me Your Word and Your way, and lead me to all understanding.

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment