Thursday, June 24, 2010

Life Jackets? We Don't Need No Stinkin' Life Jackets - June 24, 2010

Daily Reading

Daily Verse
After Rehoboam's position as king was established
and he had become strong,
he and all Israel with him abandoned the law of the LORD.
2Chronicles 12:1

Daily Thought

Sacramento summers cook. North of a hundred degrees is normal.

The American River, cool run-off from the Sierra snows, is a popular solution. The flow of the river is mostly calm and mostly shallow.

Wonderful for rafting. And surprisingly dangerous for drowning.

The victims are overwhelmingly young and male.

"We are old enough, we are strong enough, and we can swim," say the young men.

After Rehoboam's position as king was established and he had become strong, he and all Israel with him abandoned the law of the LORD.
--1Chronicles 12:1

"Life jackets? We don't need no stinkin' life jackets."

Of the 231 victims between 1962 and 2001, only one was wearing a life jacket.

Moses said to Israel, "Take to heart all the words of this law. They are not just idle words for you - they are your life. By them you will live long."
--Deuteronomy 32:45-47

To God's Glory,
Dave Price

Daily Prayer

My faithful Father, You are the Rock, the foundation on which a life will stand firm. What You say, You do. Your Word is true, right, and good. It shall be my guide in life, my constant companion.

Protect me, God, from myself. From becoming full of myself. May I always remember that the world is not friendly toward me because it is not friendly toward You. May my love for Your Word continue to grow.

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment