Friday, June 25, 2010

They Think The Cars Are Real - June 25, 2010

Daily Reading

Daily Verse
You have with you the golden calves that Jeroboam made to be your gods.
Whoever comes to consecrate himself with a young bull and seven rams
may become a priest of what are not gods.
2Chronicles 13:8-9

Daily Thought

My favorite ride at Disneyland, when I was a child, was the Autopia. I felt grown-up pretending I was driving a real car.

Then I grew up and I was driving a real car. Cars that drive
seven miles an hour and stay on a track are not real cars. I stopped driving on the Disneyland Autopia.

To God's Glory,
Dave Price

Daily Prayer

My God, the world tempts me to leave You and chase illusions of delight. They are like bubbles, blown in the air, but when you grab them, nothing.

Meaningless, a chasing after the wind. Here is what matters: Fear God and keep his commandments, for this is my whole duty.

Father, You are the way, the truth, and the life. Your Word, God, is truth. May I never give in to the temptation of what is not real, not god. May I always seek You.

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment