Tuesday, June 8, 2010

You Lose - June 8, 2010

Daily Reading

Daily Verse
Even a fool is thought wise if he keeps silent,
and discerning if he holds his tongue.
Proverbs 17:28

Daily Thought

President Calvin Coolidge was admired as a man of few word. A pretty young woman sat next to the President at a dinner party. Smiling, she confided that she had made a bet that she could get at least three words of conversation from him. To which he replied, "You lose."

"Blessed is the man who, having nothing to say, abstains from giving us wordy evidence of the fact."
--George Eliot

"If you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all."
--My Dad

A man of knowledge uses words with restraint,
and a man of understanding is even-tempered.
--Proverbs 17:27

If unsure of your wisdom, read the next verse.

"Better to remain silent and thought a fool, than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt."
--Abraham Lincoln, Mark Twain, Socrates, among others

Intelligence is often found in our ability to speak.
Wisdom is often found in our ability not to.

To God's Glory,
Dave Price

Daily Prayer

Our Wonderful God, When You speak, amazing things happen. The world was created. We received the law that gives us life. And Jesus, the epitome of Your Word, walked on earth. You still speak. May I listen. More than that, may I obey. May I love Your Word.

God, may I also be one who speaks in a way that reflects well on You. may I always seek to bring You glory in all I do, and in all I say. May my words be measured, and may they be good.

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment