Wednesday, June 23, 2010

God Is Gold - June 23, 2010

Daily Reading

Daily Verse
Shishak king of Egypt attacked Jerusalem.
He took everything, including all the gold shields Solomon had made.
So King Rehoboam made bronze shields to replace them.
1Kings 14:25-27


Daily Thought

Gold: #1
Silver: #2
Bronze: #3

In 1963, Avis was satisfied with silver. We are #2. We try harder.

It's 2010. Avis is still silver. And still trying.

King Rehoboam was satisfied with bronze. Bronze is good, but it's not gold.

"Teacher, which is the greatest commandment in the Law?" Jesus replied: "Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind."
--Matthew 22:36-37

Sounds like gold to me.

What place is God in your life?

To God's Glory,
Dave Price


Daily Prayer

God, may You always be first place in my life. May You be my first love, my full devotion. With all my heart, soul, mind, and strength, may my love never waver or cease.

I love You. First. Fully.

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment