Tuesday, June 29, 2010

He Knew The Score - June 29, 2010

Daily Reading

Daily Verse
King Ahab said to Jehoshaphat, "I will enter the battle in disguise."
But someone drew his bow at random and hit the king of Israel
between the sections of his armor. At sunset he died.
2Chronicles 18:29, 33-34

Daily Thought

I coached my son's T-ball team. The parents in charge decided not to keep score in this league. Every game would end in a tie. It will make the kids happy, they said.

I overheard my daughter ask my son about his game. "We lost 8-3."

He knew the score.

Every kid knew the score. Of every game. (So did the parents, it turned out.)

The prophet Micaiah was encouraged to lie to the king. "Look, as one man the other prophets are predicting success for the king. Let your word agree with theirs, and speak favorably."
--1Kings 22:13

It will make him happy.

So Micaiah went along. "Attack and be victorious, for the LORD will give it into the king's hand."

The king said to him, "How many times must I make you swear to tell me nothing but the truth in the name of the LORD ?"
--1Kings 22:15-16

King Ahab knew the score. "The LORD has decreed disaster for you."
--1Kings 22:23

Tell the truth. It has a habit of showing up anyway.

To God's Glory,
Dave Price

Daily Prayer

My Lord and Savior, You are the Way, the Truth, and the Life. The world does not desire the truth, preferring darkness over light. In fact, telling the Truth put You in danger. You told it anyway. And died. But death could not hold the Truth. You rose again, and offered salvation to all who follow the Truth.

Praise God for the Truth. The Truth has set us free from the power of sin and death. May I always walk by the Truth, stand for the Truth, desire Truth and share Truth. You Word is Truth.

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment