Thursday, July 1, 2010

Pride Before Fall, Humility Before Glory - July 1, 2010

Daily Reading

Daily Verse
Let them know that you, whose name is the LORD-
that you alone are the Most High over all the earth.
Psalm 83:18

Daily Thought

For the foolishness of God is wiser than man's wisdom,
and the weakness of God is stronger than man's strength.
--1Corinthians 1:25

Pride
"The pride of your heart has deceived you,
you who live in the clefts of the rocks
and make your home on the heights,
you who say to yourself,
'Who can bring me down to the ground?'"
--Obadiah 1:3

Humility
Christ Jesus, who, being in very nature God,
did not consider equality with God something to be grasped,
but made himself nothing,
--Philippians 2:6-7

Fall
"Though you soar like the eagle
and make your nest among the stars,
from there I will bring you down,"
declares the LORD.
--Obadiah 1:4

Glory
Therefore God exalted him to the highest place
and gave him the name that is above every name,
--Philippians 2:9

To God's Glory,
Dave Price

Daily Prayer

Almighty God, Your Kingdom is everlasting. But the road to Your Kingdom is humility. You tell us if we want to be first, we must be last. To be strong, be weak. Do not hold onto heaven, but let go. Consider others better than ourselves.

It is in humility that Your strength works through us.

God, when I depend on my own strength, well, first of all, I'm not that strong. I discover that all too soon. But worse, I miss Your glory, because I am in control and You are not. You must be more than my Savior. You are my Lord. You are on the throne, and I can do all things through You, and only You.

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment